Tuesday, December 19, 2017

A lesson for new Cardmakers at Christmas...

Hi, I'm back with a rather long (but very informative) video tutorial for beginner cardmakers. I wanted to do something for total novices who don't know where to start or what they need to "start" making cards for Christmas.

Using a designer paper pad, white cardstock, scissors, adhesive and simple embellishments, I created about 20 cards to display what can be made; and then I demonstrated the creation of three cards, using very simple techniques. I also introduce the use of the internet and a printer as an alternative to buying sentiment panels. I downloaded a file from www.papercraftermagazine.co.uk/downloads/free-debbi-moore-christmas-digi-stamps to use as it's chock-full of great digistamps and sentiment strips.

Below are a few of the cards I made for this exercise (the rest have been sent on to their new homes).

The video can be viewed below or watch it on YouTube by following the link.

I'll be back soon.

Love,

2 comments:

  1. So cool, will have to add the video to my 'watch list' with a house full of visitors and working.... Merry Christmas to you and your family, wishing you a wonderful day, hugs Therese x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Therese. It is a long video, but I hope that beginners will find it useful. It's probably the sort of video that you can dip into to watch certain things. Merry Christmas to you and your family also. I hope you get thoroughly spoiled and don't have to work too hard. Cheers. Janelle :)

      Delete

Thanks for your comment. I'm glad you've enjoyed my blog.