Monday, October 3, 2016

Angie's Digital Stamps Challenge #2

I made my first Halloween card for Challenge #2 of Angie's Digital Stamps blog

Being in Australia, there's not a real call for exchanging of cards on this occasion as we've only just started with the Trick or Treating; and decorating of the house. (Though this year I will be decorating the entry porch for the neighbourhood kids when they come visiting on the night.)

Using a cute image from Angie called "Daisy May with a Candle", I coloured her with my Copic markers and then placed her on a printed spider's web page design (that I found on the internet) that was coloured with Distress Crayons in Seedless Preserves, Peeled Paint and Chipped Sapphire, with a little black thrown in (which in hindsight wasn't a great idea, as it made the colours too muddy and dark). To rectify this, I sprayed the colours with water and then tried to lift off some of the colour. I layered the cobweb paper on top of some frayed muslin and some pewter blue shimmer cardstock.

A circle blended over with some Ripe Persimmon and Fossilized Amber Distress Ink, sprayed with water, blotted with paper towel; and then when dry, brushed over with some clear Wink of Stella; became the halo of candle light behind the fussy cut image. To finish I heat embossed the sentiment in silver on black cardstock; and made some little bats that I coated in Wink of Stella as well.

My idea for this card was to have a little girl trying to fend off the "nasties" of the night with a candle.

Anyway, please head over to Angie's blog and share in the fun with a Halloween twist.

Bye for now.

Love,
Janelle

2 comments:

  1. I'm usually the one hiding in the kitchen eating the lollies lol, not that any kids would try our driveway, it's way too steep. Love your fun card Janelle, she is such a cutie! Good luck with the decorations and not eating the lollies yourself...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've bought so many lollies there may even be some left over for the kids as well. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I'm glad you've enjoyed my blog.