Saturday, June 11, 2016

My very first own drawn digistamp





Hi again. I'm posting a card today that uses my very first attempt of a digistamp. 



I've been wanting, for a long time, to do something different with my crafting. When I saw 3 books in Big W last week, I knew I had found it. These are the books here. (And they were only something like $12 each. Bargain!)



They have step-by-step drawings showing how you can draw various things. I drew this budgie and liked it so much I turned it into a digistamp so I could print it out to be coloured and used on a card. (I don't know if there are actually budgies that really look like this - let's call it poetic licence!)

I think my drawing is sufficiently different to the original that I'm not infringing on copyright, so I feel free to offer my drawing to anyone who wants to use it. If you're interested, drop my an email and I'll send it on to you. (adashofflash@gmail.com)


I've always been drawing, even as a child, but felt I wasn't good enough (esp. when compared to my mum and my younger sister, who is really good.) So I've not done any for a long time. When I started drawing again last week, I felt energised, yet relaxed at the same time. Strange, huh? But I'm pleased to say, I like what I've done, and wanted to show off a little.

To make the background for the card, I glued strips of blue cardstock onto another piece of paper (these I had left over from when I was sorting and storing some of my cutting dies). I then used a Kaisercraft embossing folder on it, before inking the highlights with two types of green ink. I then used some clear Wink of Stella over the tops of the leaves. I wanted this to look like a tree canopy for the bird to hide in.

I foiled the sentiment and matting using my mini Minc machine and some teal DecoFoil.
The card was finished after I added a few clear sequins.

So this card has a purpose, I'm linking it to the Lawnscaping Challenges where the theme is "off kilter!".


Both the stripes in the background and the sentiment triangle are on an angle. It also works well with the budgie's tail.

Anyway, That's all for me now. I'm off for the weekend to Brisbane's Scrapbook and Papercraft Expo. I'm doing four classes and looking around at what's new. I'll let you know how I go. I'm also hoping to catch up with my online crafting buddies Therese Calvird and Linda Langes. Should be fun!
Scrap Book and Paper Craft Expo

Bye for now.

Love,
Janelle

8 comments:

  1. Oh, wow, I'm so proud of you for sharing, Janelle! Thank you for that! Your drawing and your card made with it are both excellent!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Darnell. It's fun to try something new and I'm loving the attention. hahaha :)

      Delete
  2. How cool is this! Love your drawing Janelle and would love to colour it for my art journal. Thanks so much for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue, I so pleased that you like it. I'm emailing it to you now. :)

      Delete
  3. Looks wonderful Janelle, love the card that you created too. You definitely are one talented lady! Hope you had fun yesterday, so sorry that we never got a chance to catch up, maybe next time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Therese. I am disappointed we missed each other - it would have made for a fantastic Expo experience. As it was I had heaps of fun and learned a lot. On Sunday I went again and did a 2 hour class with Els, but also did 2 x 1hr classes; one with Jennene from Brother on the ScanNCut and the other with Michelle from Michelle's Cards and Stamps using Altenew stamps. Anyway, more of this in my next blog. :)

      Delete
  4. Super cute card, I really love the colors. The background really compliments the parrot! Thank you for playing the Lawnscaping Challenge!
    -Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your bird is adorable! Thanks for joining us over at the Lawnscaping Challenge!! - Jess

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I'm glad you've enjoyed my blog.