Sunday, December 22, 2013

Days 6 & 7 Christmas Cards for You

Hi again to all!

I'm including four cards today as I've missed a day - sorry!



My first card used a card topped from the Heartfelt Creations Christmas Card Paper Collection, which was so pretty on its own; but I jazzed it up with a die-cut greeting using the Cottage Cutz Homemade Christmas Gift Set and some red rhinestones.

This image is so lovely IRL.

This second card used the second run of the die cut sentiment I created for the card on Day 2, using the die from Cottage Cutz Homemade Christmas Gift Set . I used a card topper from Heartfelt creations, but the background paper came from Couture Creations.

I finished the card with some chocolate rhinestone strings; once again trying to stick with my "less bulk - less postage" concept for this year.

For this third card I really let loose! 

The cream cardstock was dry-embossed with a Couture Creations embossing folder called "Wild Poinsettia" which I thought appropriate since I added a smaller bloom from the Heartfelt Creations stamp and die collections. The leaves were die-cut using some leaf dies from HOTP, which worked well with the border cut from Spellbinders.
I also applied a strip of steel grey glitter using a strip of double-sided tape.


The last card for today was based on a die from Heartfelt Creations called "Banners and Trees". I die cut 4 trees, folded each one in half and glued the edges together to create the 3D tree. This idea came from Emma Lou Beechy, but she uses 5 trees. Even though it looks bulky, the tree can be folded down fairly flat for postage; and then spring back once it's reached its recipient. 

I also used a background label from the Spellbinders Majestic Labels Twenty-five. The glittered star was from the Banners and Trees set; cut from cardstock that had double-sided tape applied to it and then glittered after cutting. You can't see it very well, but the tree was cut from some pearlised cardstock, so it adds some nice texture to the card.

I'm enjoying my cards display and I hope you are seeing something to inspire you as I go along.

Lastly I must congratulate my friend, Therese Calvird, on a wonderful collection of bright floral cards in the latest edition of Australian Cardmaking, Stamping & Papercraft. These cards are totally delicious and have got me thinking about creating some floral cards after Christmas. Well done, Therese. It's always lovely to see you get the recognition you deserve.

Anyway, bye for now.

Love, Janelle

1 comment:

  1. More wonderful cards Janelle! Your colour combos are so elegant, love that they are not the traditional mixes, thanks too for the mention I really enjoyed making that card set. Wishing you and your family the most funnest Holiday season and that you find some time to relax (and maybe create, wink)!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I'm glad you've enjoyed my blog.