Thursday, December 19, 2013

Day 5 - Christmas Cards for You

The days are going too fast - I keep forgetting if I'd ready done the next post or if it's yesterday I'm thinking of. :) CFS brain! 

I'm back again with two more cards, made mainly using the Heartfelt Creations Christmas Card paper Collection, stamps and dies.


This first card was very easy to do as it used one of the card toppers, but I cut out the bracketed panel, stamped the greeting on to a white panel that I attached to the card front and then added the frame and the fussy-cut bird on a limb with some foam tape to add interest. (You can't see that part clearly in the photo, but the depth looks good.) I then added some rhinestone strings around the square. I then finished with a little glitter glue snow on the pine needles.
This second card used a piece of the B side of one of the papers. I then cut out an oval from some patterned scrap, stamped the greeting and coloured with Copic markers.

The die is from Spellbinders Majestic Labels Twenty-five. I used a purpley-grey cardstock, which was the closest I had to the grey-blue on the paper. I love the unusual colour combo and the red rhinestones somehow stop the card from being boring. 
What do you think?

Anyway, that's all for now. See you again tomorrow.

Love, Janelle

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful cards, Janelle! That "Believe" card really shimmers! I've enjoyed all your "Days of Christmas" series. If I don't get a chance to visit again before Christmas, I want to wish you and yours the happiest of holidays!! Holly Hugs! Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I'm glad you've enjoyed my blog.