Sunday, December 15, 2013

Day 2 - Christmas Cards for You

Back again with another couple of Christmas cards for you to see.

This first card uses a card topper from the Heartfelt Creations Christmas Card Collection, but I didn't like the sentiment that was printed inside the centre; so I die-cut the Merry Christmas out of some cream and red cardstock, backed it with some double sided adhesive paper, replaced the cream for red letters and then sprinkled on green glitter for the swirls. The die is from Cottage Cutz Homemade Christmas Gift Set that I got on sale at Photo Continental. (You'll see a couple more of these dies used in the next couple of days.)

You can't see it very well but the glitter in the swirls is really pretty and lifts the otherwise plain card.

This second card uses the paper and another card topper from the collection (as well as the stamp); but I have to admit to a stamping mishap - didn't position it properly - so I cut out the centre of the topper panel, stamped again on the card front and secured the frame and the bird image in place. I raised the bird on foam tape so it stands out nicely IRL. I had to finish with the rhinestones - I love the effect!













Anyway, that's all for today. See you again tomorrow with another couple of cards.

Bye,
Janelle

1 comment:

  1. Great save on your beautiful bird card, love the blingy edge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I'm glad you've enjoyed my blog.