Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Some Heartfelt Creations Creations

Well... I'm disappointed to say that I wasn't selected as a design team finalist for Heartfelt Creations, but I thought I'd let you see what I made as part of my finals submission.



The first item was a layout in honour of my mother's favourite sister, Ellen, who died last month. Auntie Ellen was also Mum's last remaining sibling out of six, so her death was extremely hard for Mum to take. This photo was one of the last taken of the two of them together on a lovely day we spent at my cousin's not long before she went into palliative care. (In case you're wondering, my mum is the lady on the right). I've since made a copy of this and framed it for mum for Christmas - but don't tell her as it's a surprise. Shhh! I made blue and beige flowers to decorate it and used a number of lacey dies to add texture and layering. The Vintage Floret paper has some lovely sentiment panels and the two I used suited this layout perfectly.

Heartfelt Creations Products used:
Other products: Spellbinders Shapeabilities Persian Accents die set, Dark Brown and white cardstock, Color Box – Olive pastel, Sea Crystals, Dark Brown, Toffee and Gray Whale, VersaColor – Pinecone, Tattered Angels Iridescent Gold Glimmer Mist, Off-white lace, Aqua satin and organza ribbons, Prima Divine Say It In Crystals pearl and rhinestone flourishes, glue and foam tape

The remaining two projects were cards made using some pink roses that I created. I wanted to make use of the lovely image on the paper in this first one, so I just placed the roses in position on top. I like how I fussy cut around the flowers that trailed off the edges. 



Heartfelt Creations Products Used:

Other products: Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Five; Brown, cream and white cardstock, Color Box – Olive Pastel, Pink Sky, Dark Brown and Toffee, VersaColor – Pinecone, Tattered Angels Iridescent Gold Glimmer Mist, Kaisercraft Latte Pearls, mini smoke rhinestones, glue and foam tape

My final project used some Christmas tree die-cuts that I arranged to create a background. Emma Lou demonstrated how to do this technique recently, but I used it because I thought it suited the Persian border die-cut perfectly. I wish I had some other sentiments as the one I used here was just a fraction too large. I'll have to splurge on some other sentiment stamps.


Heartfelt Creations Products Used:
Other products: Spellbinders Shapeabilities Persian Accents die set; Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Four; Brown, cream and white cardstock, Color Box – Olive Pastel, Pink Sky, Dark Brown and Toffee, VersaColor – Pinecone, Tattered Angels Iridescent Gold Glimmer Mist, pink ribbon, mini smoke rhinestones, glue and foam tape

I had fun as part of the selection process for this design team and it was great to get given some stamps, a die set and paper pack, so in the long run, the whole experience was well worth the effort. Maybe next time I'll have more success. I also must congratulate the lovely crafters who were selected and I'm looking forward to checking out their creations in the future.

Bye for now,

Janelle

:)

1 comment:

  1. Sad to hear that you didn't make it in, but sounds like you came very very close. These are amazing Janelle and I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the process even though it may have been a little stressful lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I'm glad you've enjoyed my blog.