Thursday, August 22, 2013

I missed it again... and again!

I've created two cards - one for Muse Challenge #30 and the other for Fusion Challenge #15. Unfortunately I missed the deadlines for both of them. UGHH! It's been a while since I've entered any challenges and I'm out of practice getting them finished on time. Anyway, I'll still write them up as if they were being entered, so here they are.

Muse Challenge #30

This card has been made in response to the stimulus card by Therese Calvird. I adored Therese's card as soon as I saw it, and I also knew I wanted to use my Dylusion sprays to create the background, as I've been experimenting with them.



I also love the use of the negative with the diecut birds on wires, so I found a die that I bought at the June Expo and used it with mine. I completed it with a gorgeous Heartfelt Creations sentiment and some yellow rhinestones. I used the navy cardstock for my background as I thought it was less harsh than the black looked (plus it was the first colour that was suitable that I found in the pile of cardstock I had on hand.) Tsk..tsk..tsk! I do love how the top layer turned out. I used four different colours: vibrant turquoise, lemon zest, pure sunshine and cut grass. I also sprayed a little patina and iridescent gold Glimmer Mists over the top using a The Crafters Workshop Mini Cell Theory mask to add extra dimension. You can see the effect in the left bottom corner.



The second card was in response to the hypothesis presented.


I wanted to combine the two challenges and use the sketch with the blackboard effect. The colours I used were not exactly correct for this challenge, but the lavender was the closest I could get to the gorgeous blueish flowers in the picture.



The swoop at the bottom of the sketch was achieved using a Marianne Design Designables folder (No DS0913) that I then cut around to accentuate the design. The Sizzix/Hampton Arts Times and Seasons stamp was white heat embossed and the flower was made with the Heartfelt Creations Delicate Asters stamp and die sets. The flower, in real life, is quite dimensional as I molded the petals both up and under to add some depth.



Anyway, I'll have to do better with my next challenge entries - we'll see. :)

Bye for now,
Janelle

4 comments:

  1. Two beautiful cards Janelle, I love your sprayed card though .......Dylusions give such a great look !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue. I'm dying to use them some more. I've recently bought the book "My Creative Journal Journey" by Dyan Reaveley, which shows some great techniques to use with the Dylusions range of products. Totally amazing to read.

      Delete
  2. Both your cards are wonderful Janelle, I've got my eye on those dylusion sprays and so far have resisted.... maybe not for too much longer though, they look so beautiful on your card. (I thought it was funny that you mentioned your die, I also bought my bird on a wire die at the Brissie Expo)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Both cards are wonderful...love the bird card die- a great take on Therese's card. And the second is so full of texture...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I'm glad you've enjoyed my blog.